We did however, reschedule his party for Sunday, so we had everyone over to our house for cake and treats. He finally got his Lightening McQueen cake that we picked up on Friday, but made him wait until Sunday to eat. Mean, I know. My neighbor made it and it was pretty awesome looking, however, it had started to melt by the time we got to it. He was happy. He scored some pretty nice loot. A pair of binoculars and a bubble mower from his two aunts, some puzzles from his grandparents and a camera and more puzzles from his other grandparents.Here are some things I love about JJ right now.
*He is confident and fairly independent and likes people
*He talks so well that we never went through the screaming phase
*I love when he climbs up next to me on the couch and puts his arm around my neck and we hang out like that watching TV and then he'll turn to me and say, "I luv you"
*He is curious and adventuresome and he doesn't let a setback stop him from trying again.
*He tries really hard to do new things.
* He wants to be helpful.
*He loves to sing and read
* I love the way he runs (think Phoebe on Friends)
*He is kind to other kids. He doesn't take others toys away and he doesn't get bothered when someone else takes his toys away. I sometimes wish he would stand up for himself, but I'm sure that lesson isn't important right now.
*He has a wonderful memory and good problem solving skills (this can also be a huge pain)
*He loves all of his family, even the ones who live far away or who he doesn't see often. He gets very excited when he talks about them or remembers something he did with them.
*I love the way he tries to do everything his dad does. I can tell already that his dad is his hero.
He is working through some of his not so great traits, but he is so much fun, I just love being his mom and getting to spend this time with him; I'm learning so much.


4 comments:
Happy Birthday, JJ! You're so modest about how dang smart he is! I wish you guys were closer to play with!
He is brilliant and gorgeous and wonderful! I just love his guts, and I'm so glad that we get to spend time together.
He does run like Phoebe on Friends. I love it!!
Although it's probably not as cute to you guys, one of my favorite things that JJ does right now is when he gets mad and he does the little mad dance. It's so stinking cute and funny that I can't take his frustration seriously. Oh well...
He is pretty fun and interesting to spend time with. And he is cute, of course!
Post a Comment