Friday, December 11, 2009

2 months


Ryan is 2 months old. We went for his check up and he weighs in at a meaty 13 lbs 10 oz. and 25 inches. No wonder he keeps blowing out of his stage 1 diapers. Yes, Mike, his head is big, just like his brother. JJ also got round two of the H1N1. I thought round two had to be a shot so I was prepping him before we got there and told him if he was good then he could have a lollipop after (the kid loves his lollipops). Turns out he could have the mist again, so we didn't really think to offer a lollipop. We are packing up, getting ready to leave and he looks at me all indignant and says, "I didn't get my lollipop." So we had to rectify that situation.

Ryan, however, did get shots. When he woke up from his nap, I fed him and when he was done, he immediately started screaming bloody murder. He screamed for 25 minutes before I called the nurse. She acted like I was crazy. She told me, he's in pain. I told her my other son never did this after shots. She told me I was lucky, crying is a more common reaction. He screamed for another 25 minutes before he wore himself out and fell asleep. I had to hold him the rest of the day. If I even attempted to put him down, we started all over again. Yikes! not looking forward to the 4 month check up.

4 comments:

More Bacon said...

Sorry about all the crying--that's no fun at all!!

He's such a doll...I love his sweet face and smile!

LL said...

Funny how they react to shots, isn't it? Javier has to be carried around all day and whines for days after (STILL!) and Mauricio just looks offended for about half a second and then moves on.

I can't believe how big Ryan is getting! I have a theory - 2nd children are big because nature knows it is the only way they'll survive life with the 1st child. :-) He is such a cutie!

somebody's mother said...

He is such a doll. Love the picture. Glad he is feeling better now.

Shots are a strange thing. Each kid seems to react differently, and a couple of mine were different after each shot. For some of them, I just always had to give them pain reliever as soon as we got home, or even before we went, because I knew they would be achy and fussy after the shots. If I had been smarter about it way back then, I would have planned easier meals, etc for those days. I can't believe that I stilled planned on going places and doing things on those days. Oh, well.

Karry Seaver said...

What a cute picture- I just want to bite his little cheeks (but I wouldn't- that would be highly inappropriate).