Thursday, February 16, 2012

8 months already

Seriously, it's going by way to fast. Jack has lost so many of his baby features and I can see the little boy emerging. He has such a great personality and is so fun to be around. This month, his top two front teeth came in and he can now sit up all by himself without falling over. I also saw him sit himself up from the floor, but it was a one time deal for now. I thought for sure he would be crawling by now, but he hasn't quite gotten that far.
He finally decided that he would try eating solid foods. He absolutely refuses to eat any cereal (rice, oatmeal, barley, etc.), or green vegetables. He will eat fruit and orange vegetables (squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes) and he likes Cheerios and baby puffs. So, at least he won't starve. He loves to play on the floor, which my other two didn't like so much. He does this funny thing though, he uses his feet like a second set of hands. It is most noticeable when he is playing with long toys like the fishing pole and the light saber in these two pictures, but the other day he was holding a set of rings with his feet and just staring at them. It's bizarre and funny.


He has developed some favorite toys, the fishing pole and light saber, along with a guitar that plays music and shoes. Yes, shoes. It's gross. I have to be really good about cleaning up the shoes, because he will roll himself over to them as fast as he can and stick them in his mouth. He loves bath time, gets really excited when he sees the water running. He splashes around and then gets really startled when the water hits his face.

This is my very favorite part of his body, this fat roll at the base of his neck. It's slowly disappearing and I'll be sad when it's gone.


He loves being on his changing table. He lays there and just talks and talks, plays with his feet, and giggles.

He is beginning to sleep through the night, although he has been sick a lot and so that makes sleep difficult for him, but he's handling being sick pretty well.

He is so joyful and laughs so easily, especially with his brothers. He gives great slobbery kisses and is so fun to snuggle.


4 comments:

More Bacon said...

He's looking so much bigger than when I saw him! What a little cutie.

I also will miss that roll on the back of his neck. Just so wonderful!

Hoping he stays snuggly even though he's getting to be a big boy!

somebody's mother said...

Such a cute boy.

LL said...

Oh I miss that little chunk! Please stop letting him grow until we can come out and get another dose of sweet baby Jack!!

The Pyper's! said...

so cute! I love his smile. (P.S. Adorable striped PJ's!)