Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 months old on April 5

I was just going to combine the last two months, but there are too many pictures, so these will be separate posts. I try, I really try to keep up, but things just get in the way and before you know it, your son is almost one. So here we go with his 10 month update.
He has a great smile, as you can see.  Below, you can see his favorite seat for watching his favorite show,  Mickey Mouse.  All I have to do is say the words Mickey Mouse and he starts laughing, waving his hands and trying to get down.  If he's already down and nothing is on TV, he goes over to the TV stand and starts banging on the doors and looking at me and babbling.  I know exactly what he's trying to say, "Hey mom, turn on Mickey."
He also loves doors.  Opening and closing.  He especially loves when the pantry is open, because he can often scrounge up a goldfish cracker or chocolate chip.  The down side is that he often closes himself in a room.  We will hear banging and screeching and realize Jack isn't around.
No new teeth this month, and his first word was definitely momma.  He also says hi/hey.  He loves to follow his brothers around, especially Ryan.  Those boys can get him laughing hysterically.  I've taken him outside a few times and he loves it out there, surprise, surprise.  He is especially enthralled with the sandbox.  He crawls everywhere and gets into everything.  He had ice cream for the first time this month.  Oh, my, that kid loves ice cream but shhhh, don't tell his dad.  I get in trouble every time I give him some.  He doesn't like baby food anymore, even stuff he used to like, so ice cream is about all the regular food he'll eat.

This is a picture from our last trip to the aquarium before it closes (and reopens in a bigger building).
I'm sure I've forgotten a few things, and so Jack, I'm sorry. I'm sure I'll make it up to you one day.

3 comments:

Shari said...

He's a beautiful baby. I put together photo collages of each of my children, and noticed that some of them went years without a photo. When you're a mother of young children you barely have time to breath.

LL said...

What a cutie pie! How funny that he closes himself in rooms. Javier used to lure Andres into a room and then close him in...at least Ryan is doing it to himself!

And I can't think of a reason you need to apologize to Ryan. The fact that you're too busy loving and caring for him to capture every moment with the camera means you're doing things right!

More Bacon said...

Jack is such a little cutie. I can't believe how different he looks from the last time I saw him. He's really growing up!

You should totally keep feeding him ice cream. I won't tell anyone.