Tuesday, October 23, 2012

First Day of School

JJ's first day of school was August 28th. He was so excited. And so was I. None of the boys was super excited about having their picture taken, so these are the best I could get.



He had absolutely no problem leaving me, although he did want me to stay until the teacher came to get them.  He has about 6 kids from his preschool class in this years class, so it was just like a big reunion.  The fact that he knew so many kids and knew the school from last year made this transition so easy (and it kind of made him one of the popular kids).   He has a great teacher, she's our neighbor and I requested he be in her class.  She does really well helping JJ stay focused and on task.  And bonus, the one child I was worried about JJ interacting with moved to a different class.  So this year could not have started out any better.

 Ryan struggled for about 3 weeks, everyday leaving the school in tears, "Please can I go to school.  Do you think I'm 3 now so I can go to school."  He still struggles some days, but he's come to accept it. 


4 comments:

LL said...

Oh, it is so hard for the little brothers to be left behind! This year Mauricio spent the entire first day of school asking when "the brothers" would be back. :-)

We also had no luck on nice back to school pictures the first day of school. Such is life, I suppose.

Sounds like a great start - and isn't it nice to have "only" two?? I remember thinking how much harder it was to have 2 than just one, and then 2 seemed so easy once I had 3. Now I appreciate the blissful peace of quiet days alone.

Is Ryan taking a preschool class? When will he be in kindergarten? I always picture all three of your boys as toddlers...I need to get out there more often!

Jenni said...

So cute! I can't believe how big they are!!! I'm with LL, I always picture them as little tiny boys!

Also, I love Ryan's Clifford!

Laura said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! I love the pictures and their funny faces.

More Bacon said...

Poor Ryan--I remember being the younger sibling and so desperately wanting to be old enough to do whatever my older sibs were doing!!

They're so adorable. Can't wait to see them again soon.