Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jack at 18 months

Another milestone, Jack turned 18th months in December. And if we thought Ryan was a monkey, Jack is 3 monkeys rolled into one little body. This kid is a fire ball.

I don't know if I've shared this story, but before he was born, we actually were debating between two names.  Jeremiah said (name 1) is a nice guy, but Jack will kick your butt.  As it turns out, Jack is a very appropriate name for this kid.  He is not mean, not at all.  But he is aggressive and loves to be physical.  I've mentioned before that if one of us is on the floor, he'll come jump on us, but recently, he's started grabbing the boys when they are sitting on the couch and trying to pull them off.   Ryan gets annoyed enough to resist, but JJ is generally oblivious, and so Jack can sometimes get him on the floor.
Jack is a super picky eater.  When I started writing this post I had a list of 6 foods I had never seen him refuse.  Chicken nuggets, pizza, lollipops, soda, milk, and ice cream.  But since I started the post, I've seen him refuse ice cream.  He will also occasionally eat granola bars, graham crackers, apples, quesadillas, Kraft macaroni and cheese (but no other kinds) and other assorted candies.  Seriously, that's it. Pickiest eater ever.

He's not a big talker but he does say one word very clearly and very, very often.  GO!  It is used in "Let's Go!" an unintelligible "Ready, Set" and then Go.  Also "3, 2, 1, Go" and "Go, Go, Go." He is always on the move.  He chases his brothers up and down the hall and around the couch.  He gets so excited when we get ready to get in the car.  Of all my children, he is the least likely to sit in a stroller or cart.  He would much rather be walking than riding.
He loves to watch TV,  I've been a miserable failure in this regard.  He loves Mickey Mouse and Baby Einstein.  And almost anything on PBS kids.  And when he's not watching TV, he loves to play ball and zoom his cars and trains.  He will be so excited when the weather warms up and he can be outside.  Honestly, we all will.

He started going to nursery and absolutely loves it.  I've been so lucky that my kids all love to go and we don't have a fight. 

Jack is so fun and playful.  He loves to snuggle and is just generally happy.  He is good at mimicking faces and sounds.  This picture below is one of the faces he makes often and one of my favorites.  He actually uses this appropriately when he is trying to show his displeasure and trying not to smile at the same time.  He hates having his picture taken professionally, always has, and this is him letting me know he is not happy about this, but the photographer is making him smile.  It's awesome.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

Love that last picture.

He's such a funny little guy. I can't wait to see him soon! I must confess that I have been wanting to see him pull someone off the couch ever since I learned he was doing that...it's just hilarious!

LL said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how big he is getting!!!

Our littlest would take down is older, bigger brothers all the time when he was Jack's age. He'd chase them around the house and they'd be sobbing and hollering for me to rescue them. He and Jack would get along swimmingly. :-)