For his birthday, he wanted a planet party with an Earth cake. I have to say, it's the easiest cake I've ever made.
He got a Star Wars 3-D book, and some electronics and a stomp rocket, all of which were a big hit.
Things JJ loves at 6:
Still loves his chicken nuggets and french fries and soda. He's branched out from Root Beer, he also loves Sprite, 7-up and orange soda. Also, ham steaks with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese.
Still loves the color green, although occasionally it's purple.
He is really into Star Wars. I mean really into it. He puts a blanket on his head to be Obi Wan, or a glove on his hand to be Luke Skywalker. He walks around all day long, replaying scenes from the movie, or telling me all that he knows about it or asking me questions about it (like I know anything about Star Wars).
He loves learning about how the world works. We spend lots of time reading non-fiction and child encyclopedias, filling his brain with information. We read about spiders and snakes and insects and penguins and bears, trees, planets, the human body, etc. And he remembers everything he learns and then recites it back to me over, and over, and over, and over again. And then, when he's got it down, he melds the information together.
For example, he discovered elements and so one day he had me look up a periodic table of the elements and then he wanted to know how they combine, so we sat down and I drew out elements with their rings and we talked about covalent bonds (this is the part where I'm really glad I paid attention in school). So he studied the periodic table for several days and then he decided to play Star Wars elements. The noble gases were good guys, the metals were bad guys, etc. Holy Moly, it gets a little crazy at our house.
JJ's imagination is unlimited and it is so fun to see where his imagination takes him.
School has been a wonderful experience. More knowledge for his brain and new places for him to try out his ideas. He is becoming a great reader and writer. Jer and I can't spell things out anymore because JJ knows what we're saying.
He is a really good helper and he tries really hard to do what is right. I really appreciate having him in our home.





2 comments:
Oh, isn't it sad when you can't spell in front of the kids anymore? :-)
What a cutie pie - and what an awesome mom you are to sit and explain and teach! I'm glad he enjoyed school.
Holy cow--he's so hilarious! And so grown up! I love hearing all about his little brain and how he connects with his world. Such a little smartie!
Post a Comment