Friday, July 12, 2013

Meeting the new guy

I forgot to mention one anecdote from Luke's birth.  As he was making his way out, he grabbed on to the umbilical cord.  And he would not let go.  The doctor asked a nurse for help in prying his fingers open, while the other nurses looked on and laughed.  I told them that in the last couple of days I had intense pains, like he was trying to claw his way out and one nurse commented that after what she had just seen, she can totally believe in.  Needless to say, he got a perfect score on the grip part of the Apgar test. 


The brothers came to visit the new guy in the hospital.
Jeremiah was so excited to hold Luke.  He's a pro at this big brother stuff, and just like last time, he was prepared with a story to tell.
Ryan was pretty excited and loved Luke's soft hair, however he was more excited by the bed that went up and down.
This was about as close as Jack was interested in getting.  He was kind of intrigued, but again, that moving bed was far more interesting.

Once we brought Luke home Jack decided he wanted to hold Luke, so he tried to pick him up himself.
It didn't last long so the picture is blurry, but Jack finally was interested in his brother.  In fact, whenever we get ready to go and I put Luke in his seat, Jack stands by the car seat, and won't move until I come to get it. He really does love his brother.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

Love the story--he's one tough little guy, apparently!

And I love the pictures. What a cute bunch of brothers they are!

LL said...

How sweet! J always used to say, "Two brothers, two friends" after A was born. I love to see two brothers that are the best of friends. :-)