Friday, February 6, 2009

Snow Boots

We came home from Christmas with a ton of snow and spent a lot of time out in the snow shoveling. I decided JJ needed snow boots. As it turns out, January is not the time to buy snow boots. Target only had a few and not in JJ's size. Walmart didn't have any and Payless had one pair for $35! I found a pair online, in his size, but if I spent $12 more I could get free shipping. What is a mom to do. Well, this mom found those red Lightning McQueen crocs that had previously been denied and now my spoiled little boy has two pairs of shoes that he loves. Jer kindly pointed out that the shipping would have been less than the $12 I spent on the shoes, but that's not the point. I have assuaged my guilt over not buying him something he wanted and he adores those shoes. Plus I paid for a product and not shipping, I hate paying shipping.

2 comments:

LL said...

I agree completely - I would much rather have an extra pair of socks or something than pay for shipping.

We have a couple pairs of Papa Car crocs. We should get a picture of all the cousins in their McQueen shoes. :-) Too bad we're so far away - I think these boys would all get along wonderfully.

More Bacon said...

I'm totally the same way!! I'll always see if I can find a way to get free shipping.

And yes, so many of my sweet nephews have those cute shoes--maybe the Wisconsin boys can bring theirs with them if they come this summer and we can take a picture!

I'm glad that JJ got some boots though...I had him outside once shoveling snow and he walked through a big pile of it. He was just in regular shoes, and I eventually had to drag him inside kicking and screaming to warm up. (We turned on the fireplace and he got over it.)