Thursday, April 16, 2009

General Conference Funnies

I realize this is late, but it's funny.

In the March Ensign there was an article about how to prepare your children for Conference. Obviously, JJ is too young to get much out of it, but right before Conference started, I talked to him about words he could listen for like scriptures, family, temples, etc...

About halfway through President Monson's first talk on Saturday, JJ looked up at me and said, "He's talking about bacon." Okay, so much for him getting something out of it.

However, during Elder Christoffersons talk about perservering through trials, he looked up from his coloring book and said, "He said perservere." Then, "he's talking about bacon." So maybe there is hope for him yet.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

For what it's worth, I'm sure that at least one of those general authorities was thinking about bacon at some point. :)

And he did recognize President Monson when he woke up from his nap, so I think he's pretty in-tune.

LL said...

I think we were eating bacon that weekend. Maybe he got our bacon vibe.

Too funny...what a fun little guy! Can't wait to see you guys in July!