JJ found a new friend to play with and manipulate. The following phrases became commonplace, all code words for "I'm going to trap you in my room and we are going to play with every toy I own." We like, "Should we go find out." "Let's go look." "Hold my hand." "Swing for two minutes." "Let's go get it." He is going through serious grandma withdraws which include a lot of whining and crying. Not fun for me.
I enjoyed the visit because I got a break. Oh, it was heavenly. No little body constantly under foot. I could make dinner without interuption. We also got a clean microwave, stove top, and several loads of dishes out of the whole deal.
Mom, can you move in permanently?
Happy Mother's Day to my mom. I really appreciate you!


2 comments:
Isn't it nice?! I love taking a nice long shower, all by myself, without anyone standing outside the bathroom asking when I'll be done. Sweet heaven...
But the spoilage recovery can be long and painful. Hang in there, and dump him off with the other Grandma if it gets to be too much. :-)
The problem is that you have such a smart boy. He loves to explore, talk, and play, and he's smart enough to know how to manipulate people into doing his bidding.
The only solution is to only have stupid children in the future. I understand they're easier to take care of, but since all of my nephews are geniuses, I don't really know for sure.
Post a Comment