Thursday, May 14, 2009

Egyptian Flu

I went to the doctor a few months ago. This is the conversation we had.
Doctor: My official diagnosis is Egyptian Flu.
Me: Uuhhh?
Doctor: You know, you're going to be a mummy (chuckle)
Me outloud: patronizing laugh
Me in my head: um, lame doctor

So this is me, 16 weeks pregnant.


The picture is about 2 weeks old, but it takes me awhile to get around to blogging.

I'm due the middle of October, but hoping for September 30th.

So the question is boy or girl.

If you ask JJ what he wants, he wants a brother. He is quite insistent, adding, "no sister." And a boy would be easy. We've got all the clothes, toys, etc. There are two problems with a boy. One, we used the only boy name Jer likes the first time around. We absolutely have no other names we agree on, so if it's a boy, it might be known as Shadow Boy. Problem two, the Seaver curse. My in-laws have 6 grandsons, no girls. We joke about it, but I am starting to really believe it might be true.

So that's why we'd really like a girl. Obviously, healthy either way, but I'm thinking pink in the mean time. We'll find out June 2nd, so I'll keep you posted.

8 comments:

More Bacon said...

I think that Egyptian Flu is WAY better than swine flu, so... I would've done the same little patronizing laugh if I had been there. Actually, I probably would've done a big out-loud laugh at you and your patronizing laugh, because I think it would've cracked me up.

I've already taken to calling the baby Shadow Boy in my head. I think it's a good name. I've pretty much made peace with the fact that I'm only going to have nephews. It's just how we roll. :)

Laura said...

You are so pretty preggers!!! I want a little niece and it would be sooo much fun, but I love you anyway you make 'em.

Karry Seaver said...

George Foreman named all his children after him and just gave them nicknames. If this one is a boy Jami and I came up with these names for Jeremiah Rex Seaver Jr. Jr.
Triple J- Three J - TJ - or my favorite Trey

I will be thinking XX-rated thoughts for you on June 2.

PS- very excited and happy for you three.

Globe Trotters said...

hooray Jen! Congrats...can't wait to find out what you are going to have!

More Bacon said...

When Karry said she was going to be thinking XX-rated thoughts, I immediately thought of X-rated thoughts, and I thought, what good is that going to do? They're already pregnant...

When Bill Gates was little, they called him Trey to distinguish him from his dad, and it turned out okay for him, so I don't think that's such a bad strategy.

Smith Family said...

I don't know how in the heck I missed this post!!! Maybe you wrote two at once and I read one and figured that was it. Congrats!!! You look absolutely adorable!

Lani said...

Congratulations, Seavers! :-)

LL said...

CONGRATULATIONS!