Saturday, July 18, 2009

Emotional

Yesterday was a little bit of an emotional morning. I woke up with the thought that I really should make sure that I take some pictures in the coming weeks of JJ's favorite things to do in our backyard. Things like climbing on the play set, digging in the sandbox and mowing the lawn. Then I started thinking about how amazing our backyard is and how much JJ will miss being able to play and then the reality of leaving set in and the tears started flowing. None of the houses we've looked at have playsets and while we're looking for a backyard big enough to put one it, it will probably take until next summer before we actually get one.

That same morning was the last day of a recertification class I was taking and JJ was a little distraught that I was leaving. He said, "I will come with you to school." There were tears, mostly mine, but we got through the day and he had a great time at grandma's house. I am once again so grateful that I get to stay home with him.

So, here is an ode to one of JJ's favorite and Jer's least favorite Saturday activities.


2 comments:

More Bacon said...

It is hard to leave a place with so many wonderful memories, but there will certainly tons of new ones at the new place!

And if he needs to play on a play set, he can always come visit Aunt Liz. :)

I'm glad you get to stay home with him too. He's one lucky boy!

I love them out there mowing together--too cute!

LL said...

Our boys each have that very mower! How fun.

We've only been here for a year, but when I think about leaving (no plans) it is pretty sad. The spot Mauri learned to walk, the potty I trained them on, the naughty spot, the raspberry patch... The memories add up quickly.

Even if you don't get the pics taken, sit down one evening and write a little blog about all the things he loves to do. That way you'll always remember. :-)

Have you guys found a place yet?