Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good-bye

Last night we said goodbye to my brother and sister-in-law. They are off to start a big grand adventure in a place far, far, away. They have lived 45 minutes away for most of our married lives and I've really loved having someone from my family that close. They were so helpful when JJ was first born, babysitting occasionally when their schedules allowed. JJ learned the Bumblebee song from Aunt Lis and I'm sure she regrets teaching it to him, because now that's her "thing." JJ also loves his Uncle Bobby, who plays basketball and football with him and golfs. His favorite thing is to touch the ceiling and last night at dinner while riding on Bobby's shoulders, he said, "Look at me, mom, I'm tall."

JJ couldn't figure out what all the tears were about last night. He had had a perfectly wonderful time hanging out with his aunt and uncle. They will be missed. When we got home, JJ was singing the Bumblebee song. I told him he couldn't sing that song for a few days.

I'm so excited for you guys and a little jealous. We'll be saving our pennies so we can come visit. Although with all the things I want to do while we're visiting, we might have to stay a month and we'll need a lot of money. Good Luck. We love you.

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

Saying goodbye is so hard! I'm sure that Bobby and Lis are off for a grand adventure though, and now you'll have someone to stay with out there! Get enough family spread out around the world and you'll never have to get a hotel. :)