Sunday, January 23, 2011

All's Quiet on the Western Front

There's not much going on here, but I thought I'd post an update of the kids:

JJ has recently taken an interest in his future. He's making big plans and it is so fun to listen to him. First, he wants to ride a horse to South America. My part in this plan is to pack his backpack with strawberries and cheese and juice. His second big plan is that he will work with his dad when he grows up. Every morning, after Jer leaves, JJ tells me that when he's big, he'll get to go to work with dad and work on his computers.

We had a funny conversation a couple of nights ago. We had read a book with a girl who thinks there is a monster, so JJ is joking with me and says he thinks there is a monster in his room. I told me there wasn't, it was all in his head. Then he said," No, there's just brains and skulls in my head."

Ryan is learning new words all the time. He's recently acquired please and thank you and can use them even without prompting. He is obsessed with Elmo and sings the theme song all the time while carrying his Elmo toy around. He also loves to throw balls and he's pretty good at it.

Baby #3 has caused me a little anxiety now and then. It's not the actually baby that concerns me, in fact, I'm quite excited about that new baby scent and those tiny feet and hands. No, it's all the logistics that concern me. Like Ryan having to move to a big bed too early, and JJ getting kicked out of the stroller too early, and not having enough room on my lap and how am I supposed to go grocery shopping with three kids. And then I have to remind myself that the baby isn't even here and there is no way to know what it will all be like and I should just take a deep breathe and wait for reality. We have the ultrasound on Thursday. Still thinking it's a boy, still hoping it's a girl. This baby is quite active. I thought my first two were active, but I never felt them before 22 or 23 weeks, but every since week 17, I can regularly feel this child jumping around. So I'll be back on Thursday with the news.

6 comments:

More Bacon said...

So great to have an update! Those little guys are so cute. I'm sure that you'll handle baby #3 just fine--you're always good at making stuff work! And all three of LL's boys manage to fit in her lap (and all over her) at the same time, so I'm sure yours will, too.

Emily said...

Your boys seem so sweet and fun! I really wouldn't worry about life with baby #3. You'll quickly find a new normal, and life will go on. I went right from one to three, and while the transition was a little rough, I don't remember what life was like before! Somehow, the Lord really does make a little more room in our hearts, in our homes and on our laps to accommodate each new person that joins our family! Can't wait to hear from you on Thursday!

LL said...

So excited for the big news!

And Emily is right - you find a way to make it all work out. Like you drop JJ off at preschool and then zip off to the store to do the shopping with just the two little ones. Or you go at night. Or you put the baby carrier in the cart, one kid in the seat of the cart and the other kid in a backpack. Ugly, sure, but it gets the job done.

But it is stressful to think of the logistics - I remember that very well. Just try to set that all aside. In the end, it takes care of itself anyway. :-)

Sure love you, and we're excited to hear your big news!!!

somebody's parents said...

Three is the magic number. Even when it is you and Big Jer you will be out numbered. However, it only lasts for a surprisingly short time, then they are all grown up living their own lives.

Enjoy each moment, they will fly by...

More Bacon said...

After some extra thought, I've decided that you need to take some proactive steps to be sure there's enough of you to go around.

You'll just need to eat more so that you're bigger. I'd start with ice cream if I were you. ;)

LL said...

Well???