Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunbeams

Today was JJ's first day of Sunbeams. He was a little apprehensive, but we let him take Thomas so he could show his new teacher. Normally, when he comes home and we ask what he learned, he says, "I learned about Jesus." But today, he said, "We talked about cats and dogs." Okay. I asked what songs he sang and he told me Scripture Power and When Jesus was on the Earth. I was so impressed that he figured out the names and could remember them. The Primary pres. told us he was really into singing time. Then later this evening, without any prompting he crawled up in my lap and started telling me about a man named Moses who was a little baby and they put him in a basket and pushed him down the river. Now I was curious, so I looked up the lesson and sure enough, they did talk about cats and dogs and Moses (you can look it up yourself to figure out how they relate). It was a big day for JJ. Lots going on his brain and he managed to remember it all. So proud of him.

4 comments:

somebody's parents said...

Awesome! What a great time to learn the gospel.

We are proud of him.

More Bacon said...

So cute! The new sunbeams in mom and dad's ward are pretty cute, too.

There's a big lack of Sunbeams in my ward, and I think my ward is the sorrier for it.

LL said...

Isn't it wonderful? I love it when they can come home and talk about what they learned.

Andres was such a stinker though. When I was his teacher and I'd ask at dinner what he learned, he'd say, "we didn't do have a lesson today." Uh, that was never true, not once. Hoser. :-)

somebody's mother said...

So glad he had a good experience. I can't wait to hear all about it from him.