Thursday, February 3, 2011
??
JJ recently got into the movie Lilo and Stitch. I knew eventually the topic of why Lilo doesn't have a mom and dad would come up and today was the day. So we had the death talk. And he wondered what would happen if Jer and I died. Luckily, we have a plan, and he was very comfortable with the plan. While all the involved parties are aware of the plan, it's not actually written down. We've got to get on that. But it was also a good opportunity to start talking about the plan of salvation and I'm grateful I could tell him that our family will always be forever. Even though he totally didn't get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have the attorney for you as soon as you are ready.
Jenn really important to get it written down, you don't want the state putting your kids where they want. Love Grandma
Once the death card is on the table, it is a frequent topic of discussion. At least it has been for us. They love to talk about it - who will die, who will be resurrected, why we'll die, how we'll die, and on and on and on.
I worry now that if someone we know dies, the boys will (insensitively) say things like, "Oh, no big deal, everybody dies!"
As for making it official on paper, Dad's guy was great and it was totally painless. :-) Just a plug for taking him up on that.
It's always good to have a plan. Hope you won't ever need it though!
Also, with all that Lilo and Stitch watching, has he asked why Lilo's sister has such humongous thighs? As I recall, they're pretty crazy huge. ;)
Post a Comment