Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dyeing Eggs

Ever since I got the Easter stuff out at the beginning at the month, JJ's been asking if we could dye eggs. Since we don't hide real eggs, I couldn't see a good reason not to, so we found a day when all the stars aligned and we dyed the eggs. I had a momentary thought that maybe we should include Ryan in the activity and then I thought, "Are you crazy." So we put Ryan down for his nap before hand.

Most of these pictures don't need commentary.





The best part came at the end when he decided to put the stickers that came with the kit on the eggs "bums." I don't know where he got that idea, but he needed to verify which end was the "bum." So these are the "bum" pictures.
Now what to do with the eggs??? If you have any ideas, I'm up for them. I'm the only one who will eat them and I'm pretty sure I'll get sick after 8 eggs.

5 comments:

More Bacon said...

I never knew eggs had bums. I'm learning so much.

I once read a recipe that uses egg yolks in cookies. That wouldn't take care of the whites though...

somebody's mother said...

They'll last for a while. But there are only so many times you can eat a chef salad before you get tired of it.

Hmm. Deviled eggs, egg salad, potato salad, chef salad. Good luck with that.

LL said...

You are such a good mom!! I don't think I have ever dyed eggs with my boys. You are so nice!

Love the bums - don't their little minds come up with the funniest things? Too cute!!

somebody's parents said...

One word: Deviled Eggs (oh I guess it is two words). You can NEVER have too many deviled eggs...

Laura said...

there's a chicken salad with grapes and celery and eggs. I like it a lot! Otherwise, it's fun to see how they split when thrown from a distance! ;)