Sunday, June 26, 2011

Brotherly Love

Sorry it's take me so long to post again. Three kids sure keep you busy. I get a lot of questions as to how the brothers are adjusting. These pictures tell the story well.

This is JJ the protector. This look says, "Don't touch my brother or I'll hurt you." He takes his big brother duties very seriously and is a huge help. He loves to "babysit" which entails sitting by Jack and making sure Ryan doesn't touch his eyes, smoosh him, or put anything in his mouth. He doesn't like other people holding Jack. He surprised my mom twice by ripping Jack out of her arms, saying "I'm his brother, I'll take care of him." And twice, when my friends have been holding him, he's held out his arms and said, "I'll take him back now." And when one friend didn't give him back, he came to me and told me I needed to get Jack back. JJ gave Jack his first bottle and is just as loving as can be.


And this picture pretty much sums up Ryan's feelings on the matter. You can see the sour look on his face and he is pushing Jack away. The first few days were a little rough. Everytime I was holding Jack, Ryan started whining. And when I was feeding Jack, Ryan needed to be held. When finally found a solution. When I fed Jack, Ryan would get a cup of milk and he could sit on the arm of our recliner and play with my hair. This worked out so well that we went from the boys going through a gallon of milk in a week and a half, to going through it in 3 days. We had to start buying the 2 pack at Costco and I switched from whole to 2%. But things have gotten better and Ryan has become more curious about Jack. He likes to pat him, and lay next to him, and shove a pacifier in his mouth. There are more and more sweet moments between these two, like when Jack was looking at a mirror and Ryan laid down next to him and said, " What do you see Jack, what do you see."

It's always a big adjustment to add a new member of the family, but the boys are doing great.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

How cute!! I'm glad everyone is settling into the new normal of their newest baby brother.

somebody's mother said...

We sure do enjoy them!