Thursday, July 28, 2011

Adventures with the Boys

At JJ's swim lesson on Tuesday, Ryan was sitting at the side of the pool. He jumped up suddenly, lost his balance and went face first into the pool. So I had to jump in to get him. It was only 2 feet deep (I wouldn't have let him sit there if it was deeper) but my pants got wet, and after the excitement was over I thought all the other parents are probably sitting around silently laughing at us.

Today, I ventured to the post office with the boys. Jack decided to wake up as soon as we got there and started screaming. JJ and Ryan started running circles around the counter. In the process, Ryan dropped the Hershey's Kiss that was in his mouth, which JJ stepped in and spread all over the floor. Then he stopped, looked around and said very loudly, "Ew mom, is that poop." So I had to clarify loudly for the other patrons that it wasn't, and then I had to walk around and clean it all up. I left sweating, and I'm sure everyone was thrilled to see us go. Again, I'm sure lots of judging going on.

It's been a stellar couple of days on the parenting front.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

hahaha! Sounds like being a mom of 3 boys is a high calorie burning workout!

LL said...

Sounds like a regular day in my life - so sorry for you. I hate situations like those because it makes me feel like I can never leave the house. Like I'm in prison, but I'm not sure if I'm the warden or the inmate...

I hear it gets better. I'll let you know if we get there. :-)

More Bacon said...

I can barely drag myself out to run errands, and I have zero kids. Don't have any idea how you ladies make it work with 3.