His middle name, Isaac, has a little more significance. Once I had softened to the idea of Jack, I really struggled to find a middle name that sounded good. In March, I went to a neighborhood book club night with the author of the books Remembering Isaac, Discovering Isaac, and Becoming Isaac, Ben Behunin . (As a side note, all three are excellent books I highly recommend, the first one is also an Amazon e-book). I had read the first one and loved it and was interested to hear from the author. Toward the end of the evening he talked about discovering a scripture that he based the character of Isaac on: 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." As he said it, I immediately knew that Isaac would be part of this child's name.
As I have carried each of my children, I have thought about what I want most for them in life and this scripture says it so well. I want them to live life unafraid of what might be and enjoy the journey for what it is. I want them to find power and confidence in knowing that they are a child of God and he loves them and is always nearby, wanting the absolute best for them. I want them to have love and respect for themselves, and also for their fellow man, knowing that each person is Heavenly Father's child and deserves to be treated as such. And I want them to seek out wisdom and truth, and to recognize it when they find, and then to live by what they have found.
So that is a mother's prayer, my prayer for my children, so beautifully and simply put in a scripture, and that is why our third child's name is Jack Isaac.


4 comments:
Love this post! Love the name, love what it means. Beautiful!
So beautiful! Love it!
This is great I love it Thank you
Love it! I have always liked the name Jack.
Post a Comment