Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Bucket List Week 3

This 3rd week was a tough week. The three boys took turns battling the stomach flu, so we spent a lot of time watching TV, trying to take it easy.

So on Monday, while Ryan was sick, we decided it was "build a fort" day. My boys are novices, but they had a great time.

On Tuesday, we were watching Sid the Science kid, and they were discussing sun tan lotion and did this experiment.  The boys decided they wanted to it as their fun activity for the day, which was good, because it was quick and easy and I hadn't planned anything because I had been doing throw up laundry for 4 days.  You draw designs on a dark piece of paper with sun tan lotion and then put it in the sun to dry.  Come back a few hours later to compare.

Wednesday was another project inspired by TV, this time from Abby's flying fairy school on Sesame Street.  We made noodle art.  Thanks to Costco, I have lots of fun shaped noodles and I gave them a piece of cardstock, a bottle of glue, and bowls of noodles. 

 

And that's the end of the adventures this week. I was exhausted. I think on Friday I might have taken them to a play place for lunch.  Friday was also back to school night where we got to meet JJ's teacher and see his classroom.  He is so excited.  (And so am I).

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

I think it's important that you're instilling good fort-building skills in your boys. A girl in my ward just had her 26th birthday, and her roommate threw a "fort-building" party because that poor girl had never built a fort!!! Sadness.