Eating: This kid is a bottomless pit. It started almost as soon as we got home. He would nurse on both sides and then 20 minutes later be starving again. I knew I was producing enough so we just started giving him a bottle after he had nursed. Here is a picture of Jeremiah doing the honors. He was so happy and content after we started this routine. It made feedings very long, especially at night, but it also allowed other people to participate in feeding him, which is nice.
He left
the hospital with his bilirubin a little high, so we had to take him back to the hospital a few days later for a recheck. I hate those heel pricks. They just squeeze the blood out, until they have enough. Anyway, it wasn't bad enough for a light bag, but he spent the first several days taking naps, naked in the sunlight, trying to catch some rays and bring those numbers within normal. 

Sleeping: He has been a great sleeper from the beginning.
Four hours at a time. Sometimes he would be up for a couple hours at night, but that just gave me time to catch up on my NCIS. And by the time I was all caught up, he stopped staying up at night. 

He started smiling at 3 weeks old. It's hard to get a picture of those quick smiles, but man they just melt your heart. And below is him at one month. He still needs a little meat on those legs. And the net result of all that eating and sleeping was that at his 2 week appointment he had grown 2 inches!






4 comments:
He's such an adorable little chunk! I love what an easy going little guy he is. When I got to visit, he was usually pretty content to just sit in my lap and relax.
What a big eater though! I've never seen someone so small eat so much!
What a cutie pie! The binkie looks so huge compared to his face - he is so cute and tiny! At least he was tiny...eating like that he is probably huge now. :-)
That 1st picture is simply perfect! Your announcement is a m a z i n g!!! You always just such a great job!
your boys are getting so big! Congrats on this new little bundle of joy. Love the announcement, you are such a great mama!
Post a Comment