On Thursday we went to the Balloon Festival as part of the local 4th of July celebration. We got up at 5:45 and JJ was so excited. We'd watched an episode of Curious George with hot air balloons and he'd been talking about it all week. We drove through McDonalds for our breakfast and sat on the field watching as they blew up the balloons.

The propane tanks were very noisy, so we stayed pretty far back until JJ got used to the noise.

Soon, he felt brave enough to venture closer and this Smokey the bear balloon was his favorite.

There was a strange wind pattern that day, so the balloons didn't actually take off, though a few of them went up a little, while they were tethered. JJ did not want to go home, he was having such a good time and the temperature was perfect. When we got home, we were both a little cranky and I was starting to regret the decision. But after lunch and a nap for both of us, we bth felt better about the whole day. Will I do it again? Of course, I'm crazy that way.
2 comments:
What a fun adventure!
The balloons are absolutely my favorite part of the Provo 4th of July celebrations. I love them!!
Post a Comment