Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Brothers

You all know that I was kinda hoping for a girl, but I must say after these past two weeks, I am so glad that we have brothers. It has been so much fun watching these two get to know each other. JJ has been fantastic with this transition. He always asks to hold Ryan, get in the crib with him or wanting Ryan to sleep in his bed. When we are nursing, JJ sits on the other side and rubs his head. Ryan, for his part, is very patient and tough.

There have been some funny moments. When we were getting ready to leave the hospital JJ said, "Ryan needs his mommy." He was a little perplexed when I responded that I was his mommy. Later that day, when Ryan was crying, JJ said, "Ryan needs to stop crying." If only it was that easy.
A few bumps have come up too. JJ was quite upset the first time Ryan used "his" stroller and blanket, so we bought a new blanket and have used bribery in exchange for stroller use. Also, we were driving in the car when JJ said, "We need to drop Ryan off at the dog pound." (I have no idea where that came from.) I asked him what Ryan was going to do there and he said, "He will wait until we come and get him." We have 4 pumpkins on our front porch, one for each of us and the Ryan pumpkin often gets kicked off. But other than that JJ has been wonderful.
I know Ryan recognizes JJ voice because when Ryan gets fussy, JJ starts singing to him and Ryan immediately calms down. JJ looked at Ryan yesterday and said, "That's my friend." I certainly hope those feelings last.

6 comments:

LL said...

Doesn't it melt your heart?!? What sweet boys!

More Bacon said...

How adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love the dog pound story. What a funny funny little guy! Your boys are so darling together. I'm so happy for you all.


Also, I would like to see the hospital photos, but I don't know your password. chuptwo@gmail.com

somebody's mother said...

Cute boys. Loved the dog pound comment. Sometimes I wished I could drop off a kid or two at the dog pound for an afternoon.

Look forward to seeing them soon.

Laura said...

I love these stories, keep 'em coming.

The Pyper's! said...

Love it! I wish we were there to meet him.