I got up with Ryan at 5:30 in the morning, having just fed him an hour earlier. So I grabbed the pacifier (which he doesn't like) and we headed downstairs so we wouldn't wake JJ up. Ryan was not to be consoled. I couldn't physically feed him again (it had only been an hour), but I was considering giving him a bottle and trying to figure out the logistics of going back upstairs to make a bottle without waking anybody up. And then I paused and thought. The last time I was up, I went into JJ's room to put a blanket on him and that was at 2. Ryan and I had been asleep for a respectable 3 1/2 hours. He was legitimately hungry and I was trying to shove a pacifier in his mouth.
So Ryan, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to starve you. In my defense, not many people can think clearly having been woken up from a dead sleep at 5:30 in the morning. I'll try to be better.
2 comments:
Poor little guy, he depends on you for everything. Won't be long he can just open the fridge and get his own food. But, for now, you are key to his happiness. Look at the bright side he knew what he needed!
I have a hard enough time keeping track of the time, and I'm not even getting up with a baby in the middle of the night!
Post a Comment