Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ryan is here

So I know many of you have been dying to hear the story. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to blogging, I've been a little busy.

Ryan arrived a week ago, on the 6th at 5:11 in the morning 8 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long.

I was scheduled to be induced Tuesday morning at 6. Monday afternoon I started having contractions, but it was the same stuff I'd been having for weeks so I thought nothing of it. I went to SLC to pick up my mom from the airport and we got stuck in horrible traffic. I nearly gave my mother-in-law a heart attack when she heard I was stuck in traffic, having contractions. And my mom wants it noted for the record that she did offer to drive home, but honestly, I was feeling fine.

So we ate dinner and got everyone settled in and went to bed. By midnight the contractions were intense, but sporadic. I finally woke Jer up at 1 and we were off to the hospital. I needed antibiotics for Strep B so they got me started on those and I got my epidural, but they weren't going to break my water until I got a second round of antibiotics, scheduled for 5:30.

Well, my water broke on it's own at 4:45 and the baby was ready, so a quick call to the doctor, who showed up at 5:07 and less than 4 minutes of pushing and Ryan was here. There are more pictures at the link on the right and if you don't have the password and want to see the pictures, just leave me a comment and I'll e-mail you the password.


3 comments:

Globe Trotters said...

Hooray baby Ryan! And mama Jen :) Congrats to the Seaver family. I don't have your password, and am dying to see more pictures of him. BTW- I guess it is ok he was born one day shy of my birthday. Oct. 6th is a good day too :)

Smith Family said...

I've been dying for a post! I don't have the password to see more pictures of your cute little guy! That's so great that your mom was there. Crazy that you were in traffic having contractions after getting her! That's something that worries me (about my mom making it) because my sister is due two days after me and is in Maryland. How is my mother going to do it?! Glad to hear your story and hope you're recovering well!

Glenn and Natalie said...

Congratulations! He sure is cute! I'm glad that your mom got there just in time!