Often we'll be playing and he'll just stop, come over and give me a hug and say, "I'm so glad you came home from the hospital to be with me." It's been 7 weeks and he still does this. He also gets very upset if he wakes up from a nap and I'm not there or if I go somewhere without him.
Last week I went to a stamping class. About 15 minutes before I left, we told him where I was going and what I was doing. He started crying and begging to come with me. After enough bribing with candy and Rock Band, he said he would be fine and I could go. But then I started packing Ryan up to take with me. JJ was horrified. "Ryan needs to stay here." I can just imagine the injustice in his mind that he had to stay home, but Ryan got to come with me.


2 comments:
Ah, yes, the trauma of the new sibling - the missing mom, the apparent inconsistencies. That can be really un-fun. Hang in there - it won't last too long!
All in all, I think that you guys are doing fabulously. It's a huge adjustment for all of you, but I think that you're all pretty amazing.
And JJ is just so cute about his concerns...he's so adorable!
Post a Comment