Sunday, April 18, 2010

My two front teeth

For more than 2 months Ryan has been chewing on his hands, biting his toys, and drooling everywhere. I could feel his little teeth coming to the surface, and then they would go d back down. I had just about given up hope that they were going to show up anytime soon, when Wednesday afternoon, he bit down on my hand and I felt something sharp. His first tooth had arrived. I checked on it Thursday morning and the one next to it had also poked through, so we have two bottom teeth!! Finally!!

And while I'm recording info for their scrapbooks, I wanted to add that one of the best things Ryan does right now is laugh. If someone else is laughing, he will join right in. He also loves to laugh when JJ is bouncing on the trampoline or running around like a race car. He is very ticklish and that gets him laughing too.

Also for the records, JJ has recently begun to "be" different things. One morning JJ came in and announced that he was "Jeremiah Bulldozer" and for the rest of the day if I called him Jeremiah, he would correct me and say, "No mom, I'm Jeremiah Bulldozer." He has also been a crane, a digger, a dinosaur, and when he puts on his pajamas, a polar bear (they have polar bears on them). I love watching him use his imagination.

2 comments:

LL said...

How fun! All of our kids teeth were discovered when they bit my finger, chin, etc. You're on top of things - I was never much for looking to see what was on the way.

I love the imaginations they have! It is a shame we don't live closer...all three of our guys love to be race cars. They'll even stop so we can check their tires and fill their tanks. :-)

More Bacon said...

I had to revisit this one to tell you about Sunday. Even though JJ was so sick and in so much pain, he would occasionally mutter something about being a dog. (Dog pajamas that day). And he was super hot, so I asked him if he wanted to just go without his pajamas after I changed his diaper, but after some serious consideration, he decided that he needed his dog pajamas. :) Such a funny little guy. Hope he's feeling better!