Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ryan at 6 months



So the pictures aren't the best, but I just love his smile. And it shows off one of his latest tricks, sitting up on his own. He's still a little wobbly, but so happy to be up. He's still extra smiley, and loves his brother. He eats all his food, but only if its all mixed up with cereal. He won't eat just peas or just applesauce. He likes anything that makes noise. He is loving being outside and gets so excited anytime I open the door. We bought him a swing just like JJ's and so anytime we go out, he looks longingly at the swing and reaches his hands out for it. He babbles on and on and on all the time and happily screams just to hear his voice. I think he's trying to keep up with his brother.

He continues to provide a sleeping challenge, up 3-5 times a night, though every once in a while I'll get a night where we're only up once or twice. He has also decided that he only needs 2 one hour long naps. On top of that he has developed some severe separation anxiety and he absolutely refuses to be out of my arms for more than 5 minutes. Add it all together, and I am one worn out mom. However, he is just so dang cute that I can't help but eat him up. I just love the way he smiles at me. It just melts my heart, but I do love when night time comes around and he goes down, even if it is just for a few hours.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

I think he had to be so cute and smiley and loveable to keep people happy with that total sleep/privacy depravation trick he's working on you right now. :)

I think I'm coming down with something, but if I start to feel better soon, I'd love to take the boys off of your hands for a few hours so that you can go have some alone time!

LL said...

Dude, I totally feel your pain. Hang in there. One thing that helped me for awhile: every other night I would go to bed when I put the kids in bed. That way I had a little extra sleep half the nights, and the other half I would stay up and read, watch TV, work on my projects, etc. Helped me stay sane(ish). Hang in there!!