And what's a boy to do with all that snow. Wait until his brother went down for a nap and then build a snow man. He wanted to know if we had coal for his eyes. We didn't, but he settled for rocks. We did have a carrot and then he wanted buttons for the mouth. I don't know where he got that idea from, but after scavenging we found some. But they wouldn't stay pressed in so we had to put them on their side. Worked just fine for him.

And about 15 seconds after I took this picture, he knocked it over.
Oh well. The next two days were beautiful and warm and all remnants of our first snow day were gone.I find it funny when people from Utah are shocked when it snows before Halloween. I've been here for 12 years and going back through my journal and blogs, it's snowed before Halloween about half the time. This is Utah. It snows... a lot.


2 comments:
How cute!!! That is an excellent snowman, too! Very impressed with the snow skills over there.
Yeah, I don't know why it ever surprises people. Most of my memories of Halloween also involve getting really bundled up so that you can go out because it's so very cold and possibly snowy. Whenever I see kids' costumes at stores, I think, "That's not nearly warm enough!"
Comes from living somewhere frigid, I suppose.
Very good snowman!
It always surprises me that it DOESN'T usually snow this early here. We just get cold and save the snow for January.
Post a Comment