Wednesday, September 28, 2011

JJ's first day of school

JJ's been in school for 4 weeks now, so I figure it's about time to post this.
JJ is in Preschool again this year, in the elementary school he will continue to attend next year. He was not sure he was ready to start school again, he sure loved being home all summer, and he was a little nervous about a new school and a new teacher, but once we met the teacher and saw his classroom, he could not wait. He loved going and picking out his new backpack and school supplies and guessing what he might learn this year.
This year he goes in the afternoon, so all morning long he asks, "Is Ms. Cheri ready for me yet?"
It is a wonderful program and he is having so much fun.
Ryan cannot wait to go to school, either. He also got to pick out a new backpack and everyday when I say, "Okay, it's time for school" he asks, "Can I go, too" and he runs to put his backpack on.
Then he goes and lines up with JJ and we have to wait a little while and then I have to pick him up while he cries and screams that he wants to go to school. When Dad comes home and asks him what he did that day, he says, "I went to school." and when you ask him what he did at school he responds with things like, sing songs, play games, ate snacks, etc. It's pretty funny.
And what do I do while he is at school. I put both boys down for a nap and then it's "mommy time." I nap, clean and craft. It's wonderful.

3 comments:

LL said...

I LOVE SCHOOL! I'm so glad you are enjoying it too! It is so nice when they enjoy school, because then you don't have to feel guilty at all as you enjoy your free time. :-)

More Bacon said...

They are too cute! I love those little guys.

And I'm so glad you're getting some "mommy time." So, so important, and impressive because you have three little guys!

Can't wait to see you all at Christmas.

Smith Family said...

Yay for mommy time and that both boys are napping at the same time! Your boys are just so cute!