Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ryan's 2nd Birthday

Ryan is two now!! Where did the time go. The pictures are backward, but it would take too long to fix it, so we'll go backward. Ryan loves balloons. In fact, like most two year olds, I probably could have just bought balloons and he'd be happy.

Loving the candles
Our nerdy family, face timing with our out of town family.

This cake has quite the story. Ryan started off wanting a Lightning McQueen cake, mostly because that's what JJ wants for his birthday. I wanted Ryan to have something more his style and he loves Winnie the Pooh, so I worked for a couple of days convincing him that Winnie the Pooh would be fun. So a couple of days before his birthday, I hop on Amazon to order the cake pan only to discover that all Winnie the Pooh cake pans are retired. What?!? I didn't know these things "retired." So at the last minute I was scrambling and had decided to just order a cake from a bakery. I happened to go to enrichment that night and one of my neighbors happened to overhear me discussing my predicament and said she had a pan I could borrow. Two of my other neighbors had parts of the Winnie the Pooh coloring kit and so at the last minute, I was able to pull it off. Luckily, we had a good nap time that day and I was able to get it all done.
Ryan got a Geo trax train


JJ needed to help unwrap.
This was one happy boy.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

I can't believe how big he's getting!! He's such a little cutie.

Smith Family said...

Holy amazing cake, girl! I'm super impressed that you were able to get it all together! Ryan is such a cutie! And so smart too! I bet he loves that train. Santa's bringing Grant a train for Christmas!