Friday, April 12, 2013

Snow

This was an incredibly snowy winter. Which meant a lot of time cooped up inside. But when we got new snow, I did try and let them out a little.  Jack didn't get out as often as the bigger boys, so when I did go out with him, he was pretty happy.
JJ made a few snow angels
The boys love to shovel, such a good thing for me.

The fresh snow was a little too  powdery for snowballs, but Ryan sure tried.

Jack liked being outside, until his hands got wet and cold and his boots fell off in the snow.  He cried because his hands were cold and because I took him inside.  Poor kid.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

They're so cute! I love their tiny shovels. Before long, they'll be big boys and they can go out and shovel the whole neighborhood while you stay toasty warm in your house. Bwa ha ha! (But you're not totally evil; I'm sure you'll make them cocoa for when they get back!)

We only had one big day of snow this winter, but EVERY child in NYC was out that day to play. Reminded me of my cute nephews.

LL said...

HA! That is totally how snow always was for us. So excited to go out, pull the gloves off, fall down, bawl, back in the house. I always broke out the cocoa with marshmallows...that quieted them down pretty quick.

My boys would be so jealous of the snow. One day here we had the slightest dusting on the picnic table and Mauricio ran out with socks on his hands to make snowballs. He doesn't really remember snow, so I'm not sure he really knows what a snowball is.