So this time around I tried to be slightly more prepared. I had absolutely zero expectations for myself and this baby and I was ready to call in as much help as I needed. But it hasn't been bad. Ryan is a champion sleeper, so I can spend time with JJ and both boys go down for naps at the same time and so does mom. I find myself trying to cherish those little moments more. I'm not in as big a hurry to set Ryan down. I find myself breathing in that baby scent a little more often. Because I know that this won't last forever. A little perspective has made me a much calmer, more appreciative mother.


5 comments:
YAY-I'm so glad that it's been going well. I was feeling really bad that I haven't been up there to visit, but I've been sick, and everyone at work has been sick, and I'm afraid to bring you germs!
Hopefully I'll be able to come by this week and see those sweet boys!
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well. Those first few months are always tough for me too. Postpartum depression can be so hard! Just be sure to always find time for yourself now and then. Sometimes mothers get a little caught up in doing things for others, that they forget to take good care of themselves too :)
So glad it's going well. I've been so worried because we've been too sick to help out. We'll be back "out in society" again soon. Sure hope you "need help" once we can give it again!
Perspective - seems like that helps out in lots of situations.
I'm so happy to hear that! Having a good sleeper makes SUCH a difference! It is hard to have any sort of perspective when you're too tired to have a coherent thought.
And mmmm...baby smell. I sniff other people's babies. No desire to have another, but they sure are sweet!
Post a Comment