Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Surgery

The surgery on my mouth went well. No complications. It hurts, but that's to be expected. I'm actually doing better mentally than I expected. The last time I had general anesthesia, I woke up crying and had a hard time focusing. I've also seen David after Dentist on Youtube a few too many times and I was worried that I wouldn't mentally be able to take care of Ryan. Before surgery I was telling Jer all the things he would need to help me remember, like when and how I feed Ryan and asking him to wake me up at night when Ryan cries, just in case. However, I think we'll be just fine. I'm tired and a little dizzy, but I think we'll be fine. I'm so lucky to have wonderful in-laws to help. My mother-in-law watched the boys and then we hung out at her house while I slept a little. My sister-in-law is on her way up to our house now to help with dinner and bedtime. I am so lucky to have them live close by and be so willing to help. They are wonderful and I really appreciate all they do for us. Well, it feels like the pain medication is kicking in and so I'll quit before this starts sounding goofy.

3 comments:

somebody's parents said...

Good luck with the healing. We hope this does the trick.

LL said...

Glad to hear things went well. And I'm glad you've gotten some help!

But I could have done with a little goofiness this morning. Maybe later, when you've got Jeremiah home to help, you can get high and post something for me. :-) Hee hee!

More Bacon said...

Hope you were feeling a bit better today--my mouth still hurts just thinking about what happened to yours!!