Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chalk Drawings

So this is a proud mommy post that will mostly only interest JJ grandparents and loving aunts. JJ loves to draw, but most of his drawings are just scribbling. However, he recently made some drawings that actually look like something.
This is Sunny (with a smiley face)
And Mooney (also with a smiley face)
And a star.

The sun and moon have faces because when I draw them, I always give them faces. The names Sunny and Mooney come from JJ. He names things by adding a y to what it is. When I draw moons, I draw slivers, but he told me he didn't want to draw a half moon, he wanted to do a full moon. In fact, today he looked at the moon and said, "Mom, look it's Mooney, he's my best friend."

6 comments:

LL said...

Awww... Too cute!

We name everything by color: bluey, brownie, whitey...

somebody's parents said...

I have such wonderful grandchildren!

More Bacon said...

Too cute! I love that little guy. He's so smart!

Laura said...

Wonderful!! He is so creative and bright, and he picks up on everything! WOW

somebody's mother said...

What a smart, observant boy!

Smith Family said...

Isn't it fun that they've started drawing pictures! Sophie is into making happy faces and I love it!