And then disaster struck. The day before we went to see Santa, he discovered another train and that was what we told Santa he wanted. He's told two Santas about this train. The drama? This train is not popular and very difficult to find. The simple solution is Amazon, but it's getting to the point where it wouldn't arrive before we left. What to do, what to do. I started by explaining to JJ that Santa might not be able to find this train and he might bring a different one. Being the smarty pants that he is, he just looked at me and said, "His elves will just make one for me." Shoot!! Jer remarked that he was a little young to have his hopes and dreams dashed, which means I had better come up with a solution.
So today we went on a treasure hunt, checking every place I could think of. Our final stop was Toys R Us, where, again, I struck out. I had no idea what I was going to do when I remembered a little independent toy store. Thank goodness for my iPhone, which I whipped out, looked up the number and called. "Do you have it?" "Yes, we have one."
VICTORY!!! Maybe Santa's elves will be able to make one, but if not, we have a back-up and one little boy will not be devastated Christmas morning.


3 comments:
Wow...you are one dedicated mom!! I'm very impressed.
Amazon would ship to your Christmas Location....
:-)
Go you.
I have free 2 day shipping from Amazon Prime if you need me to order that for you. :-) Let me know!
Post a Comment