Tonight, after expressing his displeasure at his punishment, JJ looked at me with tear-filled eyes and while stroking my hair, in his sweetest voice said, "Mommy, I don't love you."
He he he... Did you buy yourself a nice sundae or milkshake?
LL has a deal where when one of her children first says "you're the meanest mom ever!" (I believe) then she gets to have a big ol' sundae and celebrate.
I think that JJ's comment qualifies for something. Of course, if I had been you, I might've laughed out loud since he said it while stroking your hair and looking for comfort.
He, he. So funny. He probably wasn't feeling the love at the moment, so the statement was probably sort of true right then. And yes- the feeling was so temporary that it probably didn't even last long enough for him to fall asleep.
Too many in this world believe love is so transitory. Hopefully, as he grows up, he will learn that love is not a faucet that you can turn off and on at a whim. It is part of our very being.
I always enjoyed the phrase "hearts knit together in love". We can't just turn off love without unraveling our lives.
He is still looking for ways to control his world. We love him.
Hee hee! Cracks me up when they say that. Sometimes I'm just thinking, 'I'm not a fan of you right now either!' but I bite my tongue. :-)
And yeah, when I get my first "Meanest Mom" I get the rest of the day off, and all I care to eat ice cream. I've recently amended that to be a girls night out all I can eat ice cream with my friends. CANNOT WAIT for someone to say it!
Also, I'm shocked that it took this long for JJ to say that. Javier was saying that when he was still 2. Perhaps that is a reflection on my parenting skills....
5 comments:
He he he... Did you buy yourself a nice sundae or milkshake?
LL has a deal where when one of her children first says "you're the meanest mom ever!" (I believe) then she gets to have a big ol' sundae and celebrate.
I think that JJ's comment qualifies for something. Of course, if I had been you, I might've laughed out loud since he said it while stroking your hair and looking for comfort.
Yeah, that's a kid who doesn't love his mom... ;)
He, he. So funny. He probably wasn't feeling the love at the moment, so the statement was probably sort of true right then. And yes- the feeling was so temporary that it probably didn't even last long enough for him to fall asleep.
Don't you wish you had video of it?
Too many in this world believe love is so transitory. Hopefully, as he grows up, he will learn that love is not a faucet that you can turn off and on at a whim. It is part of our very being.
I always enjoyed the phrase "hearts knit together in love". We can't just turn off love without unraveling our lives.
He is still looking for ways to control his world. We love him.
Hee hee! Cracks me up when they say that. Sometimes I'm just thinking, 'I'm not a fan of you right now either!' but I bite my tongue. :-)
And yeah, when I get my first "Meanest Mom" I get the rest of the day off, and all I care to eat ice cream. I've recently amended that to be a girls night out all I can eat ice cream with my friends. CANNOT WAIT for someone to say it!
Also, I'm shocked that it took this long for JJ to say that. Javier was saying that when he was still 2. Perhaps that is a reflection on my parenting skills....
aah haha, I can just imagine! He is too cute it kills me. I bet it was a rough day for you too.
Post a Comment