Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I hope your first day of the new year was great. We had a very successful, productive day. My goal was to start the week (Monday) cleaned up and ready to tackle my big projects. So, for the past two days, with Jer and JJ's help we got the mountains of laundry done from our trip, the grocery shopping done, the Christmas decorations taken down, and the floor mopped, carpet vacuumed, and the bathrooms cleaned. So now I can start the week with a clean house. I didn't make any resolutions this year, but I have a huge long list of areas in my house that need to be reorganized and gone through. I love this time of year. I love cleaning, clearing, and throwing out. So hopefully, the new Christmas toys will keep the boys entertained long enough for me to get a few things done.

My dad gave this toast one year for New Years and I always remember it this time of year and so I pass it on to you. "May the best days of 2010 be the worst days of 2011."

2 comments:

LL said...

Welcome home! I hope you can sneak the time to get those things done. We seem to create mess faster than I can sort through and clear it away. :-)

More Bacon said...

Aw, I like that thought!

Sounds like you guys had a super productive weekend! Hope the boys give you enough space to get some stuff done.