Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ryan at 18 months


I've been meaning to write this post for months and I finally found a few moments. Poor Ryan gets shorted every once in a while. I guess it'll just get worse the more kids that come.

Ryan is a lot of fun to have around. He is so happy and he has a great smile. He is a little timid around new people, but once he feels comfortable, he is so outgoing and happy. He loves music, his favorite songs include I am a Child of God, I love to see the Temple, Twinkle, Twinkle little Star and Old MacDonald, but Jer will start singing any random song and Ryan starts nodding his head and rocking out. He loves to play the piano and our Rock Band drums and guitar.

He is also quite athletic. He carries a ball around often, reminding me of my brothers. He loves all ball sports: soccer, basketball, baseball, football, and golf. When he sees one on TV he stops and makes sure that we've all seen it, too. And he has a really good arm.

Ryan is also a big reader, which is important in this family. He'll often take a book with him in the car. He loves the If you give a Mouse a Cookie series, Go Dog Go and really anything else.

And of course the talking, all the time talking. I thought maybe that he'd be more of the quiet one, but no such luck. He's got to keep up with his brother after all. He's always been really good at imitating sounds so it shouldn't come as any surprise. My favorite conversation to have with him goes like this
Someone: Hi Ryan
Ryan: I'm good (He jumps the gun a little and assumes you're asking how he is doing.) And if you acknowledge his response, life can go on, but if you leave the conversation like that, then:
Ryan: I'm glad you're good. (I love that he finishes the conversation.)

He has excellent manners (his thank you is adorable) but the best is when someone sneezes, coughs or blows their nose. He says Bless you and again, you must acknowledge that he's said something or he'll say it over and over and over again.

I'm interested to see how he does with the new baby. He is pretty possessive of his mom and it will be interesting to see how he learns to share mommy time. He has absolutely no concept of what is about to happen in his life.

He is a little bundle of energy that keeps me on my toes.

3 comments:

Orland said...

What an awesome little guy. Happy 1.5 belated birthday Ryan!

Smith Family said...

He is so darn cute! I can't believe this baby is coming so soon, looking at your ticker! I want to see a belly picture!

More Bacon said...

What a fun little guy! I sure miss that sweet face. I can't believe how big he has gotten. I love hearing him talk--such a character.

When I read this, I was thinking, well, it's a good thing that he has a while before the baby comes, but he doesn't! That's going to be soon! Where does the time go??