Monday, September 7, 2009

JJ's new shoes

Many of you have been following the Cars shoe saga this year. About a month ago, I got a notice that these beloved shoes were being recalled. I wasn't sure JJ would be able to part with them, but I had noticed that they were getting a little tight, so I decided that at the end of the summer season we'd trade them in. I've been looking online, trying to find some Cars tennis shoes, but since the movie is old, nobody is really making Cars products much anymore.

Today we decided to hit Payless and get his feet measured and see what was in the store. They had one pair of Cars tennis shoes, but they were a little more than I had wanted to pay ($23). But JJ loved them and they even light up. I wasn't sure we could find another pair of Cars shoes so I decided I'd go ahead and get them. We got a $17 dollar credit for the recalled shoes and when she went to ring up the tennis shoes, they rang up at $6 (no way!!!) So, since it was BOGO, he got another pair of casual type shoes and I spent less than $10. Score!!!

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

YAY! That's so fun. He was so cute when he and I were in the shoe store. He was SO EXCITED to measure his feet, and then he wanted to measure mine, and then do his again, and then a clerk finally came over and asked if she could help us.

Had to tell her that we were fine--just measuring.

I'm so glad you found some Cars shoes--now he keep being fast like Lightning McQueen!