Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween from your friendly neighborhood elephant and pumpkin.We had a pretty subdued Halloween. I put up a few decorations, bought some candy and costumes before Ryan arrived. We bought pumpkins but never got around to carving them; I was just too tired. JJ kept reminding me that his costume wasn't scary. He was very concerned with what was scary and what wasn't. He picked his own costume this year. I showed him the Thomas and Lightning McQueen costumes but he passed all those up for an elephant. I found this one at Costco and it said it was for ages 2-4. We didn't actually put it on until the night of the Ward Halloween party, only to discover that it was for ages 2-4 in Munchkin Land. It was very tight so JJ didn't like to wear the hood. But he loved the costume, and loved trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. He kept saying how excited he was to be able to eat his candy. So now I have to ration it all. He has too much energy already without adding sugar.

4 comments:

More Bacon said...

So adorable! I can't believe that a 2-4 year costume was too small--what kind of midget kids is that made for?? Well, at least he had fun. That's the important thing. It was so fun to see you guys this morning--JJ is so hilarious!

More Bacon said...

Also, for what it's worth, you may have not had enough energy to carve your pumpkins, but I was too lazy to even purchase one, so...you're got me beat for sure. :)

LL said...

Darling! Halloween costume sizes are always off. Javier wore a 6-9 month one until he was, like, 2 1/2. But I love the elephant. I'm a sucker for the animal costumes. Love the pumpkin too - babies in costumes just crack me up!

Also, I am, without excuse, too lazy to carve every year. We paint with washable finger paints. Bonus - some years we paint them, like, 5 times because the rain washes them clean. :-)

Smith Family said...

I know - the sizes are crazy! Sophie's Cinderella dress is a size 4! I wanted her to be able to wear it for dress up for years to come. The ones for her age looked so tiny and came to her knee! What are these makers thinking?! Your boys look adorable!